Monday, May 5, 2008

Abundant Life

I have heard it once said that living in complete dependence on the Lord is the way to enjoy abundant life. Looking and living life with a whole new perspective is key. For example: learning to appreciate tough times, because they amplify our awareness of His presence; doing the tasks that we used to dread because we realize they are rich opportunities to enjoy His closeness; when we are tired, we remember that He is our strength; when we are alone, we turn to Him. You get the idea!

This past week in my private devotions, I found it very interesting that I would need this particular reminder for an event that would occur two days after reading this:

Quote from Sarah Young's book Jesus Calling: "When you are with other people, you often lose sight of My Presence. Your fear of displeasing people puts you into bondage in them, and they become your primary focus. When you realize this has happened, whisper My Name; this tiny act of trust brings Me to the forefront of your consciousness, where I belong. As you bask in the blessing of My nearness, My life can flow through you to others. This is abundant life."

Proverbs 29:25 says "Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe."

I walked right into that snare this week, but Praise God I sought His counsel, trusted and obeyed Him, and He saw us through to victory! It is true. I totally derived my own plan, but as I worshiped the Lord and asked for His wisdom, it was clearly different than my own. I chose to obey and the Lord did not remove His hand. I was basking in the blessing of His nearness and His life did indeed flow to others! Thank you Lord for being our ever present help in time of need!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

When you shared it in person it was touching, when I read it, it was even more touching. Wonderful words of encouragement for me. PTL!