Tuesday, April 29, 2008

True or False

I know I'm supposed to do this on Mondays, but I'm a few days off. Sorry! :)

"Self-sufficiency is a myth perpetuated by pride and temporary success." True or False? I'll leave the answer up to the reader. I can tell you this: Our very lack is an opportunity to latch onto the Lord in unashamed dependence. Think about it, when we start our day with inadequate resources, (time, energy, money...) it forces us to live in the present moment. This is where we were meant to live! Awareness of our inadequacy is a rich blessing, training us to rely wholeheartedly on the Lord. Again, we know that health and wealth can disappear instantly, as can life itself. I'll leave you with two verses to ponder before you answer my true or false quiz:

Cor 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

James 1:2-3 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

No comments: